Yes, the summer heat is coming and soon it will be time to turn on your water misting fans and misting systems. It is always a good idea to get your outdoor mist cooling systems ready before the heat arrives. Here are a few simple things you can do to make sure your system is ready.
• Check the oil level in your pump. Add oil if necessary and change it if it is time. Most Cloudburst® high pressure misting pumps only need to have the oil changed every 500 hours of use. (check your owner’s manual for oil type and changing intervals of your pump)
• Check the water filters and replace them if necessary.
• Check all fittings, making sure they are all still properly connected.
• Remove all nozzles, so the mist line system and misting fans are ready to be water flushed.
• Turn on the water and the pump without the lead line connected to flush it out first, let water run through it for about 30 seconds.
• Turn off the pump and connect the lead line. Turn it back on to start the system flushing.
• Flush complete misting system, including all misting fans, by letting the system run as water flows out all nozzle fittings. You will notice that water only flows out the first few openings, let those flush for about 30 seconds then turn off the pump and connect mist nozzles to the fittings that had good water flow. Repeat until entire misting system has been properly flushed. Remove and clean any nozzles that are not working properly – replace if necessary.
• With pump running at selected pressure (800 to 1000 PSI), recheck all connections for water leaks. If a leak is detected, try resetting or tightening the connection. If that does not work then replace it.
• ! Note: All Cloudburst® mist fittings, fan rings & lines come with a Lifetime limited warranty. Our pumps and misting fans come with a 2 year limited warranty. (see warranty details about misting systems & misting fans)
• Hose off misting fans. If you do not have Cloudburst® outdoor rated misting fans or totally enclosed motors, then be careful not to get the fan motors soaked with water. Let all fans dry before running.
If you properly winterized your system like discussed in our article, winterizing your misting systems & misting fans, then you should now have your system ready for a summer of trouble free cooling.
Need replacement parts? Shop our complete line of parts for misting systems & misting fans.
Your Friends at Cloudburst® Misting Systems The Industry Leader Since 1994